Take advantage of the SBDC lunch and learn series on the latest social media marketing strategies for your small business. REGISTRATION & MORE INFORMATION
All three lunch & learns will be held at the Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow. Contact Heather Chaney at 678-466-5100 with any dietary restrictions.
Speaker Maggie Laton of Maggie Laton Marketing will teach you the latest tips and tricks from blogging, facebook, & LinkedIn. CSU SBDC Consultant Alisa Kirk will teach you how to incorporate video into your marketing:
Why Blogging Should be Part of Your Marketing Plan
Friday, April 18 11am – 1pm $40
Blogging is one of the best ways to ensure that your website is more than an online brochure. By creating content that showcases your business, expertise and knowledge, you are providing prospects with the information they need to decide that doing business with you is a great idea. Blogging also creates a changing website, which search engines like and will reward you for with higher rankings.
* The reasons your business needs a blog
* How to plan for the launch of your blog
* Setting goals for your blog
* Creating a content calendar
* Integrating your blog and social media for maximum exposure
* Tips for writing for your ideal client
Creating a Plan for Business Success on Facebook
Friday, April 25 11am – 1pm $40
Your customers are on facebook, are you?
Like any marketing tool, social media requires you to create a plan and set goals. This course will explain the importance of a facebook page for your small business and how to reach your customers.
* The difference between profiles and pages, and why you want a page
* How social proof on Facebook generates sales
* How social equity makes your clients more likely to buy
* Facebook is a tool in your marketing toolbox; not the whole toolbox
* What is Edgerank and how can you use it to reach your customers?
* 5 Categories of content you need to produce
* 5 Strategies for using photos to generate engagement
Why LinkedIn Is So Much More Than an Online Resume
Friday, May 2 11am – 1pm $40
Your customers are on LinkedIn, are you?
“LinkedIn is the social media platform that everyone is on, but no one is using.” This description is becoming less and less accurate, but the truth remains. Too few professionals are using LinkedIn to build their networks and position themselves as experts in their fields. The ones who do, however, are realizing great gains.
* How to create a profile that gets results
* Recommendations and endorsements – Give to get
* How to reach 500 connections, and why it’s important
* Sharing information to increase your visibility
* Groups and how participation makes you the expert
* LinkedIn company pages that work
* How using LinkedIn well can make you money
* Creating an action plan for improving your activity on LinkedIn
Why Video is the Ultimate Tool for Your Business
Wednesday, May 7 11am – 1pm $40
If a picture’s worth a thousand words, what is a video worth to your business?
Used effectively, video can enhance your brand, marketing, and client satisfaction. It can educate, entertain, and energize customers, but only when it’s relevant.
This informative workshop will show you how, where, and when video should be used in your business. You will learn from start to finish how to create a video and incorporate it in a marketing/outreach strategy through effective SEO.
We will also give you information on the latest software and equipment, along with hints for filming to the best advantage.
REGISTRATION & MORE INFORMATION